Helping you achieve more with less
Mobil™ solutions help support businesses, communities and individuals to make more efficient, smarter choices. Because better decisions give us confidence to progress smarter together.
Mobil™ solutions can help you generate more with less
Advanced Mobil™ lubrication solutions are designed to help industrial operators reduce their oil and/or energy consumption.1
- Mobil DTE 10 Excel™ Series can provide up to 6% improvement in hydraulic pump efficiency 2, which for a customer operating twenty 25 kW machines is equivalent to removing up to 89 metric tons of CO2/yr 3
- Mobil SHC™ Gear synthetic gear oils protect industrial gearboxes and help extend oil life while helping to significantly reduce energy consumption in many gearboxes – up to 3.6 percent versus conventional oils 4
Services to help drive efficiencies in your operations - We also have highly trained Mobil engineers who can perform advanced energy efficiency studies at your facility. Even a small improvement in energy efficiency can represent a significant savings opportunity while furthering your sustainability ambitions.
Helping improve safety in your operations
Mobil offers solutions that can help enhance equipment reliability and reduce maintenance, limiting risks, downtime and costs. We do this through:
- Advanced products such as Mobil SHC™ Gear 320 WT wind turbine gear oil which helps enhance safety, through advanced wear protection, extended oil life and drain intervals.1
- Mobil ServSM Services. When it comes to performance, small details can deliver a disproportionate benefit. Enhance the impact of your Mobil™️ solutions with Mobil ServSM - support designed to help your operation deliver more for less: less downtime, less waste, lower greenhouse gas emissions, greater safety 1
- Solutions such as Mobil ServSM Lubricant Analysis which can provide critical information to help enhance equipment reliability and uptime while your maintenance team focuses on other more important tasks.
Helping Advance Your Sustainability Ambitions
Our innovative lubrication solutions can help advance your sustainability ambitions through lower energy consumption, extended oil drain intervals and enhanced efficiency. 1
- Our Mobil™️ solution for the world’s largest pull-down forging press helped reduce the customer’s carbon emissions by 4,000 tons CO2 eq. over 20 years. 5
- Switching to Mobil SHC™ 632 helped Europe’s leading corrugated packaging company increase gearbox efficiency by 6.5%5, reducing their carbon footprint by nearly 20 metric tons of CO2 equivalent annually.5
Helping reduce waste
Many Mobil solutions are engineered to help reduce oil consumption and packaging
- Each year, we divert more than 90% (50,000 tons) of lubricant operations waste away from landfills into new, productive uses.6
- Mobil™ lubrication solutions have helped our gas engine customers in EMEA achieve over 1 million litres’ reduction in used oil over 5 years. 7
- A Mobil Boxx pack contains 85% less plastic than a 20L pail, helping reduce the amount of waste produced by automotive workshops.
2 Compared to Mobil DTE 20 series when tested in standard hydraulic applications under controlled conditions
3 Assumes 25 kW equipment with 90% hydraulic pump efficiency & 95% electric motor efficiency, operated 12 hr/day for 320 days and improvement of up to 6% hydraulic pump efficiency – benefit conversion using US EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator, https://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gas-equivalencies-calculator
4 Energy efficiency relates solely to the performance of Mobil SHC 600 when compared to conventional (mineral) reference oils of the same viscosity grade in circulating and gear applications. The technology used allows up to 3.6% efficiency improvement compared to the reference when tested in a worm gearbox under controlled conditions. Efficiency improvements will vary based on operating conditions and application.
5 This proof of performance is based on the experience of a single customer. Actual results can vary.
6 ExxonMobil’s global network of lubricants blending and packaging plants, which manufacture all Mobil-branded products, was the first to earn a Zero Waste to Landfill Silver validation from Underwriters Laboratories.
7 Waste lubricant reduction is based on Engineering Benefit Reports (EBRs), which use customer data and are documented by Mobil Serv engineers - following the lubrication solutions provided by Mobil - for Gas Engine customers across Europe, Africa and the Middle East during the period of May 2017 – April 2022. Actual benefits may vary depending upon the type of equipment used and its maintenance, operating conditions and environment, and any prior lubricant used.
Additional sustainability resources
Download corporate material and view our sustainability report